Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Looking back to 2001, and forward too

Here's the introductory paragraph from the old Games for Kids website that I wrote back in 2001:
Kids are capable of playing and enjoying a lot more than most game companies seem to give them credit for. Unfortunately, there are far too many games on the market for kids that are simply no fun for an adult or, sadly, even for kids. But there are some games out there that are simply great games to play with kids. They are challenging and fun without being too hard for a child to play. This site is dedicated to reviewing those "good" games that you can play with your kids. Not necessarily "educational" games, because some of them can be pretty mindless. These pages are a compilation of some of our family's favorite games and a collection of suggestions from interested readers of the pages.
After that short introduction, there was a simple link to an index page, and from there a reader could bounce from game to game alphabetically. There was also a way for people to suggest games that had worked in their family, and I had a few reviews written by friends of mine in place too.

In the five years since I first wrote that paragaph, our family has grown, we have moved, and our game collection has continued to be an important part of our family relaxation time. We've gone on several family trips to Gulf Games, where the kids have played games with people from all over the world. We've introduced games to family friends, and also to extended family members. Please bear with me as I continue to work on building this blog. It has been a long time since I've had the time to write reviews on a regular basis. I'm not promising any degree of regularity here, but I expect to be able to pull together the reviews from the old site and get them looking good soon. Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave,

I remember your web site of old. I saved the bookmark and went looking for it when my oldest hit 3 and started asking to play games. I pulled up your link and was sad to not be able to find a reference to your great body of work.

Anyway, a few years down the road from that day, I ran into to your blog.

I hope you find time to post more content in 2007.

Al

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home